Baby walkers from what age in them you can plant a child
Walkers, constantly controversial among pediatricians and parents, is an adaptation that helps caring for a child and contributing to his normal development. If you decide to get a walker for your child, but do not know from what age and how long to use them, and whether to use them at all, weigh the pros and cons after reading this article.
- particularly adapted
- Benefits walker
- Disadvantages walker
- What to look for when choosing a device
- Hersteller walker
- Contraindications to the use of a walker
Walkers are made of plastic and look like a device in the form of a chair in which the role of the seat is played by special panties andD of dense tissue. To move the bottom of the walker bottom is equipped with wheels on four sides. The chair is made in the form of a rounded seat with a small table, to which rattles and hanging toys of different colors are attached. Often on the surface of the table walkers have buttons, clicking on whic
h the baby will be able to listen to children's songs, melodies and funny sounds.
The toddler is put into the walker, adjusting their height so that he can completely place the foot on the floor. At the same ass the child should lean on the seat. So the baby takes the first steps, and mom can not worry that the baby will fall. With the help of a walker, the child, not yet able to walk independently and keep his balance, can freely move around the room and cognize the world around him.
Advantages of the
Go-carts are a unique device that:
- makes life easier for parents. So that the young mother does not have to be torn between household chores, a child and other family members, using walkers, she can free her hands while doing her own business, but watching and communicating with the baby;
- has a positive effect on the development of the child. Standing in them, he can make more diverse movements: not only to stand, but also to look around, turn around, try to walk, which helps to strengthen the muscles. The device contributes to the overall development of the child, because in a vertical position, he receives much more information. In addition, active movements have a positive effect on the development of all systems of the child's body;
- delivers to the child a lot of fun. Especially if it is multifunctional and equipped with additional devices.
Drawbacks of the walker
Disadvantages of using the device can be avoided if you follow all the rules. However:
- in children who are in a walker, there is no incentive for independent walking, so these children begin to walk later;
- continuous and prolonged use of this device can lead to deformation of the legs and curvature of the spine, since the load on the baby's still weak legs while walking in the walker is quite high;
- no matter how perfect this device, it can get stuck between furniture items and doorways, so the child in the walker must be constantly monitored.
What to look for when choosing a device
If you decide to purchase a walker, the main thing for you is to make the right choice. After all, all the advantages of walkers can be crossed out by their poor quality. So, what you need to pay attention to get safe and useful for your baby walker:
- Reason. It must necessarily be stable, and for this - fairly wide. The baby, bending over the edge, should not be able to roll over. The bumper of the walker must be rubberized in order to protect the baby from impacts when colliding with objects.
- Wheels. Here you need to pay attention to the number of wheels, because the more of them, the more maneuverable and more stable the walkers will be. It must also be remembered that the wheels should rotate in all directions and freely rotate around their axis.
- Seat. It must be deep enough that the baby does not fall out of it. Pay attention that all the load in this device is concentrated between the legs of the child, so the seat should not be too rigid and narrow, it is best if it is made of a dense non-rigid fabric. The seat should be equipped with a high and stiff back that will not only support the baby in an upright position, but will not allow it to tip over. Do not forget that walkers will often get dirty, so give preference to products with a seat that is well cleaned, or with a removable cover.
- Height. It must necessarily be adjustable, because the child will grow. If your baby will only reach the floor with socks or bend his knees too much, this can adversely affect his development and formation of the musculoskeletal system.
- Security. The question of safety of the device must be of paramount importance. Do not exceed the maximum height and weight of the child as indicated in the product passport.
- Compactness. The best option is a compact walker that folds. So it is more convenient for you to store and move them.
- Additional features. Some walker models are more convenient thanks to the optional equipment. As additional elements can be presented: a removable tray, music or game pad.
The best manufacturers of walkers
The quality of the walkers depends on the safety of your child, so consider the device from the category of cheap children's products definitely not worth it. In the modern market there is a fairly large range of walkers from manufacturers who have proven themselves as suppliers of quality products.
Please pay attention to the walkers from the companies:
- Capella. The go-carts of this Polish manufacturer are presented in various modifications and trim levels. Parents can choose their own walkers without additional functions or more modern walker-transformers.
- Chicco. The most famous manufacturer of children's goods from Italy offers parents a wide selection of quality and affordable walkers. The main criterion for which emphasis is placed is the safety of the child. All modifications of Chicco go-carts are equipped with a lock that does not allow accidental folding of the structure.
- Brevi. Another well-known Italian supplier that offers multi-function walkers. Most Brevi devices are decorated in a specific subject( for example, space).
- Fisher-Pricier. American manufacturer of children's products Fisher-Pricepredlagaet wide range of walkers bright, functional, contribute to the comprehensive development of the child.
order not to harm the development of the spine and arch of the foot and the baby does not trigger the development of diseases of musculoskeletal system, using the walker must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Walkers can be used for no more than 40 minutes and no more than 2 times a day.
The baby's bony system is not yet fully strengthened and has not been fully formed, so external intervention in its development should be rational.
- You can put the baby in the walker not earlier than eight months old. Until that moment, the child can not sit and climb alone, holding on to the support. However, eight months is an approximate age, it should be borne in mind that many children start to sit down and get up one or two months later. Only after the child starts to get up on his own and sit down, you can let the baby move in the walker.
- It is necessary to observe safety measures and constantly monitor the baby during his movement. So, the room should not have steps, high thresholds, which the kid can stumble, and also free access to the stairs. The child must move only under the supervision of an adult.
Contraindications to the use of the walker
Now for contraindications. Walkers can not be used if your child:
- can not sit for a long time( without support);
- has diaper rash and inflammation on the skin in the perineal region( where the skin comes in contact with the seat);
- has signs of rickets;
- has disorders of the musculoskeletal system;
- has increased or decreased leg tone;
- is sick or in a bad mood.