Therapeutic properties of grass astragalus
Astragalus refers to perennial plants of the legumes family and is found in the form of grass or half-shrub. Has oblong leaves, a multi-headed root with a dense stem, capitate or spicate inflorescences, in which dozens of violet, yellow or white flowers can be placed.
- Composition and healing properties
- During pregnancy
- For children
The flowering period of the plant begins in May and its seeds are harvested from July. In most cases, the fruits have a rounded shape and are similar to other legumes. As a medicinal raw material, all parts of astragalus can be used. Its roots are excavated at the end of October, after which it is thoroughly washed and dried in well-ventilated rooms. Flowers, stems and leaves are cut at the time of flowering and are ground before drying.
Composition and healing properties of
The positive effect of a plant on the human body is due to its rich composition:
- Flavonoids - absorb excess ultraviolet radiation as
a protection against radiation, fight with oncological diseases.
- Organic acids - improve the process of digestion due to the correct assimilation of nutrients, create a favorable microflora in the intestine, do not allow the development of putrefactive processes.
- Tannins - participate in the synthesis of hemoglobin, have a bactericidal and astringent property, strengthen the walls of the vessels.
- Essential oils - have antimicrobial, expectorant, anti-inflammatory and sedative effect.
- Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B2, B6.
- Chemical elements - aluminum, vanadium, iron, iodine, potassium, calcium, silicon, manganese, sodium, selenium, phosphorus.
- Polysaccharides - act as immunostimulants.
- Saponins( glycoside compounds) - contribute to the flow of hemoglobin into the blood plasma.
- Alkaloids - dilate blood vessels, have analgesic and sedative effects.
Useful properties of astragalus:
- Treats heart diseases - angina pectoris, heart failure, atherosclerosis, improves blood circulation, reduces cholesterol and blood sugar, has hypotensive effect( lowers blood pressure), and fights headaches.
- It is used for diseases of the liver and kidneys.
- Is a flow and diuretic, laxative, expectorant.
- Normalizes the stool, improves intestinal microflora, resists diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Effective in skin and joint lesions - hives, dermatitis, scrofula, arthritis, rheumatism.
- Used for diseases of the respiratory tract - colds, bronchial asthma.
- It is used in gynecology - with uterine bleeding, tumors, infertility, eliminates the deficit of progesterone( the most important female sex hormone).
- Useful for men's health - increases potency, treats prostatitis.
- Disinfects toxins, helps with poisoning.
Strengthens immunity, facilitates the course of chronic diseases, improves the condition of patients with diabetes, cancer, AIDS, prevents the development of Alzheimer's disease.
- Increases stamina, supplies the body with energy during heavy loads - both physical and mental.
- Extends youth.
There are more than 2 thousand species of plants in the world, the following are most often used for medicinal purposes:
- Bloated( bubbly).
- Sweet-leaved( malt-leaved).
- Woolly stained flower( fluffy-flowered).
- Some of the listed species are rare and endangered.
The following parts of the plant are used for treatment:
- Grass .Includes foliage, stems and flowers, harvested in the flowering period - from late May to early June. On the basis of raw materials, teas, decoctions, tinctures are prepared.
- The root of .Dig up in autumn, cut off the branches and dry in ventilated rooms. From the preparation of preparations that exceed the useful properties of the agent from the root of ginseng.
- gum is naturally-released resin( glutinous juice), formed mainly in the core of the main root and in the core rays of the stem. Optimal for harvesting is the period preceding flowering. The drug is used in medicine( as a binding component for the preparation of tablets), cooking( as a natural thickener), for technical needs.
Astragalus products include:
- Powder .It is the crushed root of astragalus and is the most effective dosage form of the plant.
- Water broth .The recipe: 1 tablespoon chopped dry grass( or 2 tablespoons fresh) pour 1 cup boiling water, boil in a water bath for 2-3 minutes, allow to cool and strain. Take 1 tablespoon 2-5 times a day. Helps with heart diseases, gastroenteritis, diseases of the spleen and liver, ascites, edema, pneumonia, catarrh of the respiratory tract.
- Honey broth .Treats diseases of the stomach and duodenum: 200 grams of honey placed in enameled dishes, put on a water bath, add 20 grams of dried fruit and heated for 10 minutes. Cool and take 5 tablespoons a day, washing down with milk. The remains of the broth should be stored in the refrigerator.
Syrup .Sold ready in the pharmacy and contains an increased amount of selenium in the optimal form. Slows down the aging process, normalizes the hormonal background, positively affects all organs and systems of man.
- Herb infusion .Actively used in gynecology, with liver diseases, brain hematoma: 1 tablespoon of dry raw material pour 1 cup boiling water, cover with a dense lid, insist for 3 hours and strain. Drink 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day. With beriberi it is desirable to mix with honey.
- Infusion of powder( or root) .Is a soothing and relaxing remedy, strengthens the body, eliminates the headache: 1 tablespoon of powder put in a thermos, pour 1 cup of boiling water, leave to infuse. Take inside no more than 3 tablespoons a day.
- Alcohol tincture .To prepare at home, 50 grams of chopped grass or roots, you need to pour 600 milliliters of vodka or 70% alcohol, put the composition in a closed container and press for 7-14 days, shaking periodically. Ready infusion strain and take 10-30 drops 3 times daily before meals.
- Extract .It is a liquid extract from the root of astragalus and is sold in ready-made form.
- A mixture of astragalus powder with honey in a proportion of 3: 1 - use 1/8 teaspoon between meals 1-3 times a day, drinking 1 glass of liquid. When gastritis with high acidity of gastric juice combine with food. It is a strong remedy and is recommended for people over 30 years old.
The above mentioned preparations can be used not only for internal use:
- Rinses of the oral cavity are carried out with water decoction or alcohol tincture. The drug is effective in angina, flu, stomatitis, gingivitis.
- Appliques, compresses are made on the basis of decoctions, infusions or astragalus powder. Are indicated for wounds, burns, allergic reactions, joint diseases.
- Baths with the addition of decoction or infusion of plants are used for stress, insomnia.
- Syringes are effective in such gynecological diseases as fibroids, fibroids, ovarian and cervical cancer.
- Cleansing enemas with decoction of astragalus help against constipation.
Read also about medicinal properties and wide application in folk medicine of balm of mountains - mummy http://woman-l.ru/mumie-ego-svojstva-i-primenenie/
With caution take astragalus preparations in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance of components - can be replaced with products made from other plant species.
- Acute or chronic kidney disease, accompanied by severe swelling.
- Hypotension( low blood pressure).
- Severe forms of hypertension( high blood pressure).
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, astragalus can be taken to replenish the increased needs of the maternal organism in nutrients. However, prescribe the drug should the doctor - the plant is rhodostimulating and accelerating the separation of the placenta means, and can lead to premature termination of pregnancy or premature birth.
Astragalus can be given to children only after consulting a doctor. The optimal form is the syrup in the following dosage:
- From 6 months to 1 year - 1 drop every other day.
- From 1 year - 1 drop per day for each year of life( 1 year - 1 drop per day, 2 years - 2 drops and so on).
- With 15 years - 10-30 drops daily.
The plants successfully treat childhood diseases:
- Congenital defects in neonatal development - heart murmur, open oval window.
- Frequent diseases of respiratory infections, angina, the presence of adenoids, inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, especially in the autumn-winter period.
- Overexertion of the body in preparation for exams.
- Violations of the physical and mental development of children and adolescents.