The problem of infertility. How to treat infertility in men and women? Causes of infertility
Successful infertility treatment primarily depends on proper diagnosis and identification of causes. Only a small percentage of infertility cases can not be cured. I propose to consider in more detail the problem of male and female infertility.
- What is female and male infertility?
- Common causes of infertility
- Medicines affecting the reproductive function and cause infertility
- Depression and infertility. The influence of emotional state on the function of procreation
- main causes of female infertility
- Hormonal disorders in women and infertility
- ovarian cysts and infertility
- Abortion as a cause of infertility. Infertility after surgical and medical abortion
- Video: Abortion is for and against
- Diagnosis of infertility in women
- Is it possible to cure infertility: advice and feedback
- Video: Prevention of female infertility
- Main causes of male infertility
- Does prostatitis lead toInfertility?
- Immunological infertility in men
- hereditary male infertility
- prevention of male infertility, video
- choice of clinic for the treatment of infertility. What should I look for?
- Folk remedies for infertility: royal jelly, pollen, honey and other
- Video: Female Infertility not a verdict
infertility problem often starts to be considered do not have a single person and a couple in the complex. This can be both permanent sexual partners, and a married couple. Doctors start to raise the issue of infertility, if a couple for a year without means of protection does not occur pregnancy.
What is female and male infertility?
A couple who wants a child, pregnancy occurs within three months, less often - in six months. The more time passes, the less chance of pregnancy. And, if more than a year attempts to conceive a child have not been successful - it is worth talking about a visit to a doctor.
The reproductive health specialist is responsible for the continuation of the genus, assigning a series of examinations to the couple that can last 1-3 months.
Important: Some types of examinations to a woman are done only in certain phases of the menstrual cycle to obtain a more accurate result.
The results of the examination are diagnosed. It may be about infertility couples( when there is a disruption in the interaction of the partner's sex cells), women or men.
Infertility can be primary and secondary:
- If a woman has never been pregnant or neither partner is a man could not conceive of it - primary infertility
- If the woman was pregnant( it does not matter with what outcome), or in anymale partner become pregnant - infertility is considered a secondary
Common causes of infertility
Remember that infertility is an absolute( exclude the possibility of conception) and relative( offensive bereUnder certain conditions).There are 4 factors that distinguish absolute infertility: absence:
- spermatozoa or their activity
- of the uterus( or its underdevelopment)
- of the appendages( or their anomalies)
- of the fallopian tubes
There are quite a few causes of relative infertility:
Women after 35 years of age suffer from a decrease in the number or natural aging of eggs. Fertility of men can remain high even up to 60 years, as the decrease in testosterone and sperm activity occurs very slowly and almost unnoticeably
- Drugs, alcohol, addiction to tobacco products. These substances strongly affect fertility - the natural fertility - of a person. The activity of sperm decreases, women have less chance to conceive
- Overweight and diseases associated with its presence( diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.).Excessive leanness can also trigger a disruption in the reproductive function of
- Infectious diseases and their after-effects
- STDs( gonorrhea, syphilis, etc.)
Some medications have a negative effect on the childbearing function
Important: Do not self-medicate. Many drugs are selected individually after consulting a doctor.
Drugs affecting reproductive function and causing infertility
Most vaccinations are aimed at protecting against diseases that can cause infertility: measles, rubella, mumps. However, recently( namely, since 2006) it became known about the HPV vaccine - human papilloma virus, which leads to a number of complications, including cervical cancer.
The benefits of vaccination are rather questionable, but the consequences are frightening. In many countries, including Russia, after the vaccination, there was a jump in the number of girls and women who were diagnosed with infertility after vaccination. The vaccine contains the human cholionic gonadotropin, which is the hormone necessary to maintain pregnancy.
IMPORTANT: In combination with vaccine components, the body produces antibodies against this hormone, which leads to the lack of the possibility of a normal pregnancy course.
Medications that can adversely affect reproductive function are different in nature.
- For women, the greatest danger is represented by hormonal medications causing a malfunction in the body. Frequent use of emergency contraception or improperly selected oral contraceptives can significantly reduce fertility and lead to a number of serious complications.
- Men are threatened with infertility by anabolic steroids that affect spermatozoa, prolongedReception of antibiotics. Notable harm, sometimes irreversible, for a male reproductive function is chemotherapy
Depression and infertility. The influence of the emotional state on the function of childbearing
In addition to medical problems with health, infertility can result in an emotional state. In this case, they talk about psychological( psychogenic) infertility.
In women, the body is in a state of stress weakened, therefore, the child's bearing is complicated. For the normal functioning of the reproductive function, it is necessary to remove the source of depression( or resort to the help of doctors to treat it) and calm down. The main causes of depression:
- Obsessive desire to become pregnant
- Unwillingness or fear of becoming a mother
- Constant stress caused by heavy loads, psychological pressure from outside, financial problems
The existence of psychogenic infertility in men is not proven. However, the mechanism is similar to the female one: the disturbance of the emotional state negatively affects the reproductive function and leads to a decrease in the number of active spermatozoa.
The main causes of female infertility
Absolute infertility can be due to a number of factors, it does not respond to treatment regardless of the time of its diagnosis. The causes may be problems with the uterus:
- Hypoplasia( underdevelopment)
- Duplicity( presence of septum in the uterus)
- Injury or removal of the uterus
Absence of ovaries, fallopian tubes or their obstruction can lead to absolute infertility.
Fortunately, relative infertility is different in that it is treatable. In most cases, with proper diagnosis, a woman can conceive and bear the child herself. The causes of relative infertility can be:
- Endocrine disorders
Due to hormonal problems in the body. These include anovulation( no ovulation), progesterone deficiency( sex hormone required for gestation), multiple lesions ovaries( cysts or polycystic leading to lack of production of eggs, swelling, inflammation), endometriosis( endometrial tissue occludes the fallopian tube), the excessprolactin( a hormone which prevents pregnant)
immune immune diseases lead to the development of immunity to sperm partner
- Pipe form infertility
Is caused by obstruction of the fallopian tubes
Hormonal disorders in the female body and infertility
The hormonal( endocrine) disorders include:
- Anovulation( absence of ovulation)
- Deficiency of progesterone( sex hormone necessary for bearing the fetus)
- Variousovarian lesions( cysts or polycystic leading to lack of egg production, tumors, inflammation)
- Endometriosis( endometrial tissue occludes the fallopian tubes)
- HypoOlamim-pituitary dysfunction resulting in an excess of prolactin( a hormone that does not allow pregnant)
- Hyperandrogenism( excess male hormones)
main cause hormonal infertility are endocrine disorders associated with pathologies of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, which leads to disruption of hormone.
Important: The main symptom of hormonal disorders is the absence of menstruation for more than six months.
ovarian cysts and infertility
ovaries - are the most important organs in the female reproductive system, in which the mature egg. The most common disease of this organ is the cyst. This name has a hollow formation in place of the ripening follicle, filled with liquid. Reasons for the formation may be different:
- hormonal disorders
- Failure menstrual
not always the presence of cysts leads to infertility. Often, the cyst resolves itself without requiring surgical intervention. Only when the threat of its rupture is resorted to the removal of this education.
Important: Regular visits to the gynecologist will identify the possibility of resorption cysts for several menstrual cycles, as well as the time necessary to resolve the issue of its removal.
Abortion as the cause of infertility. Infertility after surgical and medical abortion
reasons for secondary infertility:
- Age - fertility decrease observed after 30-35 years.
- Changes in hormonal background
- Incompatibility with partner
- Gynecologic diseases and STDs
- Lifestyle - malnutrition, bad habits and other factors that have a detrimental effect on the reproductive function of the female body
- Consequences of surgery, ectopic pregnancy or postpartum complicationsOr abortion
Unfortunately, abortion is one of the most common causes of secondary infertility.
Important: Both medical and surgical abortion carry the same danger.
- Medical abortion does not imply surgical intervention, it is carried out by taking medications that cause fetal death and miscarriage. The consequences can be quite deplorable: an allergic reaction of the female body, hormonal failure, bleeding after abortion and the occurrence of inflammatory processes that adversely affect the reproductive function
- Surgical abortion - traumatic procedure, during which the fetus from the uterus scraped. Infertility can cause complications after the intervention: adhesions and scars on the uterus, uterine bleeding, cervical injury, entering
- infection Apart from medical problems abortion can lead to psychological infertility
Important: Abortion is strictly not recommended during the first pregnancy, the presence ofIn the last birth through caesarean section, late for an abortion term.
Video: Abortion pros and cons
diagnosis of infertility in women
for infertility treatment is extremely important to the timely identification of the causes and establish the correct diagnosis. For this purpose, a number of studies:
- pelvic ultrasound helps to identify the pathology of genitals, determine the permeability of the fallopian tubes, determines the fibroids and polycystic
- measurement of basal body temperature - for a long time a schedule change in temperature in the morning and evening, which helps to determine the functionality ofOf the ovaries
- Assays for infection
- Bacteriological crops
- Assays for hormones
- Hysteroscopy - using opticalinstrument equipped minivideokameroy, examined the uterus
- postcoital test is aimed at the detection of antibodies, it is to establish the compatibility of spouses
In cases of unknown causes of infertility are assigned additional tests. For example, laparoscopy, which examines the internal organs with an optical instrument through a puncture in the abdominal cavity. The procedure is performed under anesthesia.
You may also be offered a hysteroscopy aimed at examining the uterus. During the procedure, the uterine cavity is filled with the solution and the condition of the walls and mucosa is assessed using a thin tube with a chamber inserted through the vagina. If necessary, you can take a biopsy.
Watch your weight - excess weight or excessive leanness equally detrimental to the ability of childbearing
- Avoid vitamin deficiency,follow the diet
- should visit a gynecologist
- Do not self
- Abstain from casual sex
Video: Prevention are femaleof infertility
main causes of male infertility
Male infertility occurs no less frequently than women. In half of the problems with conception in a married couple, it turns out that the matter lies in the reproductive system of a man. The male reproductive system consists of two parts: the external and internal genital organs.
The main causes of male infertility:
- Cryptorchidism is the absence of one or two testicles in the scrotum. The pathology occurs even during fetal development and in most cases is not treated immediately, as the testes may still fall in the first year of a baby's life
- Hypospadias - displacement or shortening of the urethra
- varicocele - a decrease in blood flow to the genitals due to the elongated veins or extensions
- Hypogonadism - weak development of the genitals or absence of secondary sexual characteristics
- Infectious diseases( STD, mumps)
- Hormonal disorders - deficiencyok testosterone
- Sexual dysfunction - premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction
Does prostatitis infertility?
- Prostatitis - inflammation of the prostate, which leads to a decrease in the number of spermatozoa and a decrease in their mobility
Immunological infertility in men
- Immunological infertility - the male body produces antispermal bodies( ACAT), attacking spermatozoa. It occurs most often due to trauma, when spermatozoa get into the blood of a man and cause an immune response. Such infertility, besides injury can lead varicocele, STD, inguinal hernia, and inflammatory disease in
genitals succession male infertility
- genetic sterility - chromosomal abnormality that is inherited. It can be expressed in the presence of an extra chromosome or their abnormal set. Underdevelopment of the vas deferens can also be attributed to hereditary infertility
Prevention of male infertility, video
- The main prophylaxis of infertility is a regular and timely visit to the doctor
- Healthy lifestyle
- Exclusion of chemical factors( eg, harmful effects at work)
- treatment of inflammatory diseases
- Surgical treatment of genital diseases, hernias, tumors
- Maintaining regular sexual life
Selection of a clinic for the treatment of infertility. What should I look for?
major role in the treatment of infertility plays a range of clinics and doctor, because correct diagnosis - the key to a successful recovery. There are several ways to select:
- Search the internet - its convenient accessibility and availability of forums for reviews of patients, where you can ask your questions. On the websites of many clinics you can find statistics on successful treatment outcomes. However, the virtual information may turn out to be incorrect
- Recommendations - you can live with a person in a live chat, learn about the conditions of the clinic, the attitude of the staff, the cost, etc. In this case, it is necessary to deal with the human factor. Diagnosis, treatment, results - all individually for each pair, so why should I listen?. ..
- Personal clinic visit - you can personally assess the conditions, the proposed diagnosis, communicate with staff, assess the strengths and weaknesses of a number of institutions before making a decision. Pay attention to the interior, the availability of diplomas and certificates( if they meet your requirements)
Important: Just pay attention to the availability of a license.
Folk remedies for infertility: royal jelly, perga, honey and others
Traditional medicine is helping people with secondary infertility.
- Honey - it is recommended to take every day for 100-200 g of honey dissolved in water. Take an hour and a half before meals. A good effect is rendered by honey with royal jelly in the proportion 1: 2
- Royal jelly and pergah - increases the probability of conception, in men leads to an improvement in potency. Perga is well combined with honey water, the daily dose should not exceed 30 g. Royal jelly is insisted with vodka for about a day in a ratio of 1: 2.Take this infusion of 15 drops an hour and a half before meals.
- Izmagen is a perennial growing in Siberia. Its action is aimed at normalizing the amount of hormones and treating inflammatory processes in the reproductive system. It is also used to eliminate ovarian cysts and uterine myomas. Take daily before meals in the form of broth( 2 tablespoons) or tincture in vodka( half a teaspoon)
- Sage - is recommended to take women after 35 years to normalize the number of female sex hormones. Drink a glass of infusion daily in the morning. When taking a course of one month it acts as a rejuvenator
Important: At high dosages can cause allergies or poisoning
- geranium oil - has anti-depressive and anti-inflammatory effect. Can be used as an aromatic oil. For oral administration, dilute 3-4 drops in warm water and mix with a teaspoon of honey. Take 3 times daily before meals
Infertility is not a verdict. In most cases, we are talking about relative infertility, which can be treated with the timely detection of the causes of its occurrence.
Video: Female infertility is not a sentence